Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bipolar Meds?

Has anyone gained weight while on meds for bipolar ? If so did u ever lose the weight and if so how..
Answer:
Unfortunately yes and unfortunately no. However, start off with low dosage. From what I was told, it is easier to gain with the higher dosages, so I take the lowest dosage and try to lose weight one day at a time. I know weight gain is crucial to me and with medication comes weight gain. This becomes a vicious circle because weight gain brings me down. Luckily, the lowest dosage helps me function and I can try to lose weight, but if you start and stay on a low dosage and its helping you, you have a "slimmer" chance of gaining any weight. Good Luck!
I haven't been on bipolar meds, but have been on anti-depressents.

I found that when I went on them my lifestyle changed.
I ate differently and exercised differently and I put on weight.

This may be the same for you.

I did lose the weight by adjusting my lifestyle.
Some medication have side effects, which are temporary. Do let your doctor who prescribe the medication for you, know about what you are going through. And some medications for bipolar symptoms need a little time to take effects and a little time to lessen the dosage according to your doctor's prescription of your condition.

You should eat a balanced diet, alcohol free, and also not smoke while you are on medication.

discuss with your doctor.
GAINED WEIGHT- NEVER LOST IT BC OF THOSE THINGS
I've been on bipolar meds for a few years and I didn't notice any weight gain. My doctor made sure the meds he put me on were weight neutral because he knew it was a concern of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net