Sunday, October 25, 2009

As a kid, I was always (promted by bullying question)...?

I was always the one at the sleepovers who got left out and made fun of. In a group of friends, I was always the one who people joked about. In groups, I was always the one who was the solitary one in the "all versus one" scenarios. Why is that?
Answer:
When I read your question I was reminded of my mother. She was the smartest person I ever knew. I remember coming home from school one day, crying. I told her that someone had said something hateful to me. She sat me down and said.."All through your life you will be faced with people who will say terrible things to you. Some people get some kind of satisfaction from being hateful and some others say things because of their own insecurities. The secret to success in life is to never ever let these people know that what they say has affected you. Simply smile and don't acknowledge the comment. Walk away if you can. If not just ignore the comment as if you really didn't hear it or didn't care about their opinion. The reason that this works is that these types of people are always searching for "victims". They are looking for a reaction and the more of a reaction they get the more satisfaction they get. By not reacting, they get tired of wasting their "skills" on you and will move on to someone else. Just try this a few times and you will see that it will always be successful." I took her advice and it has never failed me. I have NEVER allowed anyone to say anything that would make me react negatively. I might go on to say that, if someone in traffic flips me off I simply blow them a kiss. It drives them absolutely insane. They want to get a reaction and that is not the one they want. Don't allow yourself to become a victim of someone elses attempt to deflect attention from their own shortcomings. Turn the table on them and watch how quickly they move on to someone else. best wishes
It sounds as if you might be a little too timid. That you have to speak up for yourself and tell people just how you feel. Be true to yourself, don't let people walk over you. Express yourself and if they don't like what you said, then forget about them because they are just callous and unfeeling towards anothers needs. I was the same way in High School, after going in the service I started to express myself and no one ever bullied me again. Good Luck!
because they were mean. now they are probably in prison being somebodys b@%$!
I was too and the funny thing is that now I am older and probably am cuter than those who gave me so much flack, I am a pretty red head and there arent many of those and thats one of the reasons I was singled out but many of us are for many reasons, it is in a childs nature to make fun of others from time to time and one day in middle school I just got tired of it an dstarted fighting back and before I knew it I was the one termed the trouble maker and bully and it seemed like no one was ever on my team so to speak then in high school it got better because no one worried so much about me an dthe couple other outkasts because the groups got bigger and they had their own stuff going on, I was more or less in transition of forming my own little misfit cult, and we never bothered anyone and had crazy parties and now that I look back I am glad I didnt hang with the 2 faced snots that didnt like me anyway :) =) hope you are having a good summer and we shouldnt study those that arent worth the thought space or time wondering..
Most of the time, it's you. That's not to be mean, but it's to say that something in what you do, how you act, how you think is different and people will pick it out. I'm the same way. I had that happen to me until my Family moved(for other reasons, not the bullying) to Texas when I was 15. I got the same treatment here, which prompted me to see that it was me.

Personally, I'm happy with who I am though, I wouldn't change it just to fit it, and I know all my friends like me for who I am.
I think it is maybe because you hang out with the wrong people, to be honest it happened to me to. If those people were your friends, they would not do that to you. They probably think that you are weak and timid ( not that it is a bad thing).
My advice to you would be choosing different friends. And be strong!! Don't let anyone make you feel bad, you only feel bad because you let them know your weaknesses, don't care about what other people think about you. Like who you are and people who love you for what you are, they are the people that you need to be hanging out with.

Good luck ^-^
When children envy something in others they tend to pick one subject and dwell on it. At one point in my life I was the joke of the joke too and all that did for me was make me stronger. I never really wondered WHY they talked about me, it just made me realize I can make it with or without friends. Without friends I went to class and did my work, got involved in other activities and basically made the best of MY life because that is what it is MY LIFE. Now that I'm the best thing smokin' I'm the talk of the town in that matter and that doesn't too much affect me either. Know that people are not always as nice as they should be therefore I mess with everyone from a distance. I have my close Friends now but even them I feed from a long handled spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net