Sunday, October 25, 2009

As anyone been to therapy.?

i have been really depressed for awhile now and something is seriously wrong with a lot of my minds, and in some minds i have come close to committing suicide. so i have been playing with the idea of telling my parents, and asking to see a therapist/psychologist, to see what the hell is wrong with me and to anyone who has done this, was it worth it, and what is the process?
Answer:
Yeah, I've been depressed since I was about 10 or 11 (I'm 15 now) and have been seeing my therapist for almost three years now. What I found was that you really need to find someone that you are comfortable with because if you can't trust your therapist it isn't going to help you out at all. Mine is very helpful when I just need someone to vent to-he gives me advice and just listens. I'd definitely recommend that you see one if you're feeling depressed. What do you mean that you have 'minds'? I'm just curious...maybe you have multiple personalities?
i am in therapy now...yea go to therapy it's helpful to talk about ur issues and whatever going on in ur head...it's all in-confide meaning they can't tell anyone unless they feel ur going to do something that could harm u
I have been. Some times they really help. But if you really want help, then trust your own and help yourself out of it, it worked for me. Allah helps those who helps themselves.
The process differ from state/county. I have been to therapy more on then off for the last 20 years. When I feel down and my mind doesn't feel right I go! It did help me and in fact I go this Friday. Don't like your therapist Make Sure You Change! When ever you are flirting with Suicide call the mental health crisis hot line..always an 800 phone. They really help or if it gets so overwhelming go to the closes ER at a hospital, any hospital.
Yes I go every day
Yeah Reality, I've been to see a counselor. It's not too bad really, after you fill out the paperwork the counselor (from now on I'll call it "C") gets to know you, asks questions... They just ask you about how you've been, what are your intarests... then after you've both gotten to know each other C will ask you why you believe you need Cing. They DO write on a clip board but that's just because they have a terrible memory, it's nothing personal. SO really, they listen to you talk... I and my C have been talking and trying to find a better way to deal with stress.
And you don't have to stick with the first C you meet if you really don't like him/her. One of the goals is to help you find a good match, someone you don't mind talking to because if you wind up with someone you don't like you won't talk to them and it would completely destroy the point. Later asfter talking to your C he/she might decide that your depression warrents medication and they'll write you a perscription or else recomend you go to your doctor. Really, it's not bad once you've found the right C and it IS worth the struggle.
Good luck!
It is okay if you want to go to therapy. The therapist is almost like a school counsler, just not in school. If you are thinking of committing suicide, try not to. I will just make things worse. Instead, think about, like, cats. All cute and fluffy and really funny. Try and talk to some people when you are depressed. Especially your best friends. If you don't have any friends, try talking to someone is a relative or somebody who is close to your friend. Talk to somebody. It's okay to tell your parents, because they are there to help you. The care about you. If you are uncomfortable talking to them about it, first try talking about it to your friend. Maybe even a toy. Hey, don't think you're the only one who suffered this. I had a bully at school, or should I say bullies, that were beating me around like a doll. I told a counsler about it and it kinda worked. The bullies were picking on me less, but not that much. So, what I'm trying to say is, is that if you are really depressed or thinking about stuff like suicide, talk to somebody or something. A therapist is good, but parents are better. Even your friends might help. Hope that helped. :-)
I'm in therapy, and for most people, it's very helpful. I'd recommend it. It may seem uncomfortable talking about yourself, but you get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net