Sunday, October 25, 2009

Are you afraid of balloons popping?

I have been since I was little. I can go into a room with balloons but i feel nervous though. and if they pop it really upsets me emotionally.

I just wonder if other people are afraid of them? because of this I wont even touch one

I wonder if their is a cure for it besides expensive therapy visits.
Answer:
I am also afraid -but only if their close to my head. You may wan to try to desensitize yourself -by letting the balloons pop at different distances from you. Ask someone else to pop them.

Other then ' letting it pop' - ' and see what happens' . - You may just want to avoid them altogether!
My mom is the same way she wont go near them i dont like being by them either becuase of the noise but i can stand to be around them.
Here is a good site:

http://www.phobia-fear-release.com/fear-...
I have a friend that is...she gets really bad...nervous breakdown and all...me...im not scared of balloons, but I am of clowns...cant even see one!
No, i blow up balloons just so i can pop them. I love the sound of air leaving a hole in latex/rubber balloons. Please don't say you're scared of condoms too!
I dont like the noise but Im not affraid either.
Interestingly, I,m afraid to be around balloons Iam afraid of the unexpected pop that can occur. You never know when that could happen and startle you, its basically the element of surprise. I wasn,t very popular at parties when I was younger and I,m 45 today. I remember I attended a party when I was 10 years old and they played a game that required putting a balloon inbetween your back and your partners and the first one to bust their balloon won a nice prize. my partner I was teamed up with was very angry with me because I wouldn,t participate. needless to say I left the party early. its that unpredictable startle of the pop, which can be loud. nothing unusual about not liking that. Do firecrackers and fireworks do that to you also? It does me. Your not alone.
Most people are nervous around balloons. Poping balloons can really be upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net