Saturday, October 31, 2009

Best drug for depression?

I used to have bad anxiety, now that has gone away and been replaced with depression, i sit in my room all day and have no desire to go out. Please help me out. I have tried Paxil CR, Xanax, Effexor, Lexapro, all with minimal results.
Answer:
first off, the anxiety hasn't gone away, it is just masked by the depression. Very often anxiety that is not well managed leads to clinical depression. Meds are not the whole answer here. All they do is serve to make it possible to think more clearly, they are not happy pills. You also need to participate in your own recovery through therapy. If you do not uncover and understand what caused your anxiety disorder to begin with, you will not benefit from any meds. That is why you need to see a therapist in conjunction with the medications.
marijuana
There is no "best drug". Unfortunately it's a GD game of trial %26 error finding the right meds that work for you since every1's body is different. Zoloft helped me for a few years but it eventually pooped out whereas other people I know can't take it. Other people I know took Celexa or Wellbutrin which both gave me convulsions. For the time being I stick w' Xanax %26 THC. Good luck finding the right meds for YOU!. A GOOD therapist helps too.
I have been treated for depression for over 15 years and there is no best drug for depression. Perhaps stepping out and getting treatment for what ever it is your addicted to. I can tell by the question you are addicted to something. Just my opinion.
Everything "odd" has to be branded with a disease or disorder nowadays.

You'd be surprised how much better and easier things get if you realize how much you dislike where you are now and decide to change it, no matter what. Force yourself to do something--go out to a bar, join a club, do anything social. Yeah it sucks, but you know what sucks too? Paying for drugs year after year, having the dosage upped because you get used to it, paying for a shrink, and having to admit to others that youre on psych meds.

Speaking from experience, if you force yourself to go out and do these things and make a change in your own life by your own will, it works so much better than any of the pills.

Find some good friends who get you to do exciting things. You'll be a changed person in a month or two.
PS3, Just get over it. Be happy. Find out what is wrong and fix it. I have the opposite problem. I am just happy all the time. No matter what happens, nothing gets me down. Not really that big of a problem if you think about it.
I know it's frustrating, but your best bet is to stick with the same psychiatrist and keep trying different families of drugs. This sucks, of course, because doctors can't reliably predict which drugs or dosages will work, and you usually have to spend three months at a time adjusting to each new trial.

But don't give up. Finding the right drug/combo could really jumpstart your recovery. In the meantime, make sure that you are eating fresh and natural foods- artificial ingredients can really increase depression a lot. Whenever you can muster the will, take a walk or get some other kind of excercise. Tell your friends you need them to demand that you get out of the house with them.

I was depressed for a long time, but after years of trying different things I finally broke free of it with a combination of prescription drugs and roller derby. Don't give up- it will get better.
Have you considered using natural treatments for depression? How about yoga, talk therapy, journalling, meditating, trying a herb called St John's wort? I got the ideas from this article here
http://www.healthandwellnesscentral.com/...
GO SUICIDE
I used to have bad anxiety man but then I started doing this stuff called crank. It does wonders man get some
cocaine-crack-crystal meth- if youre depressed reality wont cut it- Drugs will
a good friend like me dogmicjoe@yahoo.com or calll 1800 273 talk
try going outside walking around

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net