Sunday, October 25, 2009

Are you a moran that yells at people that are not even there, why would anyone do something like that?


Answer:
because if you yell at people who are really there they may yell back.
Ms Gonna

Perhaps that person is deranged. Not dangerous just not in control of mental functions. Being kind to them is not out of the question, is it? I don't mean meeting them and swapping stories - I mean just avoiding criticism of them.
Am I a moron? I don't think so. Do I yell at people who aren't there? Yes. I hate conflict and do my best to avoid it, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to yell at people some times. So if I sit on my sofa and eat my ice-cream and yell at my friend who isn't there then I won't yell at them when I see them next. It's a venting thing for me, and it saves me from unnecessary fights.
Have you considered using the "check spelling" aid available to all of us when we compose our questions, or answers. Moran is spelled "moron" Some folks are mentally ill with delusional ideation, and the people they are yelling at are real to them. Has it occurred to you to ask them who they are directing their comments to?
Assume you mean moron. I know a lot of people who yell at things that arent there. We call them patients. I've kind of gotten used to that over 33 years as a psych nurse. Doctors say-as long as you dont respond-it's ok.
Maybe if you understood why somebody might do that, you wouldn't be so snotty and nasty to them! Are you asking "Why?" 'cause you really want to know or are you just scared? I think a lot of people use the word "moron" or "crazy" to mean "I don't understand this, I don't like it and I want it to go away!"

Nothing wrong with being scared- or fascinated, or grossed out. But it's really helpful to know your motives, so you're not just projecting your dislike onto other people who don't deserve it!

People might yell at somebody who isn't there because they're having a hallucination, and they think somebody is there. Or they might be yelling back at voices they hear in their heads. Or maybe even just continuing a conversation with somebody who really was there- like they're mad at their wife, or their boss and they're having a conversation as if the person was still there- strange, but true...

Me, I just yell when somebody on TV or the radio says something I think is completely idiotic! So in a weird sense they are here, though they sure as hell can't hear me.
There probably not stupid, and have a mental illness. Or they could be drunk, or on drugs.
I don't know anything about "morans" but there are people who have disorders that give them hallucinations, or make them see or hear things that aren't there. This is caused by a random misfiring of neurons in the parts of their brains that control sensory information and has nothing to do with intellect. The most common disorder that causes something like this is called schizophrenia. John Nash, a mathemetician who won the nobel prize has schizophrenia, as well as Mary Todd Lincoln, and very likely Vincent Van Gogh. There have also been prominent musicians with this disorder.
Your question is phrased in a very rude and uncaring way. The fact is that no person with a healthy mind can comprehend the pain caused by having a mental illness and you need to get off your high horse and have a little compassion.
People with mental health disabilities sometimes have no control over what they do or say. My mother was psychotic in her last years and she would yell and talk to people that only she could see. I hope no one ever calls you a moron when you become sick and disabled.
Why do you ask such negative and degrading questions such as this in Mental Health?

Have you no feelings? Compassion? Sensitivity to others?
You should go to the Religion and Spirituality Section. You might learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net