Sunday, October 25, 2009

Argghhh.?

I am 16 years old, and my doctor says I'm extremely healthy in every category but my weight. And my parents will not get off the topic of me being large. They will not let me live it down or simply relax without one of them calling me fat or trying to strike a deal to try to force me to lose weight. My best friend, is starting to join them in this wild adventure to make me lose weight. I hate being large, I feel that me being large is leading to why I don't have any love interests or a low self-esteem, but with my parents and my best friend riding on my butt about everything I do I feel I will never recover. Their actions are simple outrageous. I don't even like spending time with them anymore it has gotten so bad. I have explained that with me being so stubborn and arrogant, they should stop policing me, and verbally abusing me, and I, on my own time would lose the weight. And they won't stop, they think that with all of this emotional stress I will succeed. What should I do?
Answer:
Verbal abuse is a form of child abuse, you parents are VERY wrong for doing this, your friends are not friends if they are joining them! I would sit with them and seriously tell them how bad it is upsetting you, maybe show them where you even turned to ByeDr.com for help hopefully if they love and care for you they will stop and support you.
u have to know that they doin this for ur own good,
eventhou it sounds like they r over doin it, which is kinda changed the whole meanin behind it.
but i would talk to them about it.
or maybe i would start workin on losin some pounds
or maybe u should tell them that fat gurls r not that bad after all, actually they r very attractive kinda women.
there are so many ways u can go over this. u r just so depressed and cant think straight
bless ya
my parents are always nagging at me about how skinny i am so i kind of know how u feel. if your healthy in every way then don't worry bout it if they keep naggin at you find somethin to nag at them about like their weight let them know how it feels to be put down don't let them see that they're gettin you down just tell them you'll do whatever you got to do when it starts to affect you and you know what i guy should love you no matter what and if they care then screw them cause i'm already sick of guys like that and i'm only 14
They definitely need to love you for who you are. People do not realize that there is only one person who can make the decision to lose weight...you. There are many reasons for you to lose weight...but none of them should be to please anyone else. We only live to love ourselves in this world. In loving ourselves we learn to love others; and in turn they learn to love us. You will be ok whatever decision you make. If you are not happy, though, do something about it. Don't find yourself on ByeDr.com a year from now asking the same question.
I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine how difficult that must be, it stinks to hear it from others but your home should be a safe place.

You can tell them how you feel, but I don't see that changing anything. Is there any way you can find outside activities that will help you not deal with them as much as possible.

You might as well tell your "best friend" to go away, it's bad enough you have to get it from your parents, but why put up with it from someone you don't have to be around.

Hopefully, you can make it through the next two years and you can get away from them and go to college or something. Negative attitudes will not make you lose weight, only you can do that. They really should be less concerned about your body and more fixated on themselves. I'm pretty sure they have things about themselves they should change. Negative attitudes from others are just a ploy to cover up their own low self-esteem and it makes them feel better about themselves by making you feel bad.

I really wish I had a better solution. I'm sorry dear.
Your family and friends care about you and only want what is best for you. In the long run, loosing weight will be better for your health. However, it seems that they don't know how to go about helping you. It is counter productive for them to try and bully you into doing this - instead, they should be giving you gentle encouragement. Have you been able to calmly tell them how much their behaviour is upsetting you? Try not to have an argument. Perhaps point out that you might loose more weight if you are feeling good about yourself, not alone and depressed. Maybe you should show them what you have written - that might make more of an impact.

By the way, plenty of 16 year olds don't have boyfriends/girlfriends. Also, people don't always find skinny girls more attractive. Try not to loose weight for others. Those who judge you by your appearance are shallow, and not worth knowing. Do it for your health.
http://dailystrength.org/support/teens/d...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

vc .net