Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Can a 15 year old have general anxiety disorder?

i think i might because i worry about little things and for example everytime a person comes near me or just stares at me i feel like they are going to hurt me or touch me somewhere where i wouldn't wanna be touched so then right away i get real nervous and everything so could it be/??
Answer:
Yes. It is possible. I had it when I was about 9 or so, and I got help. I'm 15 now, and if I wouldn't have had help, then I still would have it now. I also felt paranoid and afraid of people. I didn't really wanna be around them too often. I just felt uncomfortable. I also know a friend who has general anxiety, and she is 14 right now [15 in two months.] If you think it is really effecting your life, talk to your mom or dad or whoever takes care of you and get it fixed ASAP because the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to treat and cure. I still have some anxiety but it's so rare that it really doesn't matter anymore. :]
yes they can.
Chronic fatigue
Depression
Irritability
Lack of focus
Sleep deprivation

http://www.mentalhealthchannel.net/gad/s...
Yes you can getn generalized anxiety disorder at any age. See your doc to find out what is wrong and get it treated.
You may have some slight anxiety, but I doubt, unless under certain circumstances your doctor would prescribe anxiety meds. to you. It may be a bit of general anxiety mixed with some other mental disorder. Talk to your doctor or therapist.
It's highly possible. Talk to your parents about and ask them to make a doctors appointment for you.
Honey, has this happened to you already? You need to talk to your mom or someone you can trust in your family--if there is no one, you have to talk to your teacher in school who will get you an appointment with someone who can help you. Your fears are not imaginary, they sound like it has already happened to you and you are afraid it will happen again. You may not really remember anything happening because you may have been really young, so that is why you need to see someone and get this straightened out. Your reactions do not sound like an anxiety problem but more like a fear...please tell someone you can trust and if you have no one, call the crisis hotline in your town.it is anonymous and will not even ask your name but you need to talk to someone about this.
Yes. It is not something you can control without medication. Talk to your Dr.
Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net