Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Borderline Personality Disorder is acting up & dont know how to control it right now.?

A lot of stuff has happened in a short time %26 I didnt show my feelings 4 awhile so I went into a state that I dont have any emotions. I wanted to die before I went into this non emotional state %26 I hate that I cant feel anything %26 the only way that I know how to bring me out of this is to hurt myself 2 make me feel something. Its like Im in a far away state. In a way dont want 2 come out of this because I will have 2 face all the feelings again %26 Im not strong when I feel emotions after this episode but on the other hand I know its totally unhealthy. I only show the feelings that I know people want to see. What should I do about this? How can I change this without feeling 2 strong of emotion %26 not be able 2 help it? I know if I stay in this episode 4 2 long I'll want 2 die 2 because 1 can only handle this 4 so long. I cant concentrate on anything because I feel like its not really happening. I dont feel like anything is really is true. I feel like Im watching myself. Others are...
Answer:
Hi fellow BPD sufferer,

I also have BPD and have now managed to control myself to the point where self harm is not that much of an issue.

You need an outlet. Mine is art, writing, blogging, maybe even find a BPD support network in your area or online. It is very difficult to deal this illness, as your emotional balance is always off. Just take a deep breath and scream. Trust me it will help.

If you want to talk or just let it all out, and you will be ok.

Feel free to contact me if you want to talk.

Flick
Just repeatedly bang your Head on the Wall while shouting "help me Bernard"..
I don't have Borderline Personality Disorder, but I do have combat stress and PTSD from the Navy as well as surviving Hurricane Andrew where tears would have to wait until later. And they did. But isn't one of your problems that you withdraw into yourself so that you don't feel anything?

See, I was blessed to have both a good psychiatrist and psychologist who helped me to recover. The psychiatrist gave me a drug called Cyproheptadine, which removes the emotional attachment from the memory and then the psychologist showed me how to change the way I feel by changing the way I think. See, for me personally, I have to allow myself to feel every range of emotion from happiness to sadness to fear and all without them controlling me. I have a life threatening illness called vasculitis that will kill me. That brings about a whole gamut of emotions from fear to happiness to gratitude to sadness. My emotions won't kill me, but how I react to my emotions can. My best advice is to make an appointment with your psychiatrist, but also to see a good psychologist, who can be worth his/her weight in gold. Best of luck...
I also have BPD. But it sounds as if your more having a panic attack. Whenever I have panic attacks I feel as if I'm watching a movie..and it can last for hours.. BPD doesn't come by it self most of the time so you could be going through a period of depression which is common with people who have BPD because we feel "empty" most of the time.
My suggestion would be to call a close friend and tell them. Or maybe someone you can confide in. If not take a sheet of paper and just write! Write everything you feel right now and what the emotions are and why the emotions are present!
Normally when *what it sounds like* is that your disassociating yourself from the world so you can't be hurt, my therapist recommended that I move around and touch my surroundings...Force your body to realise that it is reality and not a dream..
if its only lasted a week thats fine. its just another mood thats lasting longer than usual
See BPD, at the foot of page 1, at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... and self harm, on page 4. Since a degree of dissociation/derealisation appears to be involved, see http://www.nami.org/helpline (helpline/whatdiss.htm) One of the therapies is to stare at your hands, without judging. Keep up normal bodily maintenance, such as eating healthily, etc. Think of it as a temporary condition. There are multiple groups for this at Google, groups (one had 10 members): seek their advice.
Find a DBT therapist. DBT is a set of coping skills designed to help manage overwhelming emotions and unsafe behaviors.
mu MD says that I have this so I'm now on LATMICAL %26 its helping me out. maybe it'll help u out. just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

vc .net